Monday, May 18, 2009

Clean and Jerk

Well we have been watching videos and reading Crossfit Journal articles in an effort to execute the movements of crossfit in the correct way. Today we had

As Many rounds in 20 mins of:

15 Clean and Jerk 95 lb
Run 400m

On the clean and jerks we have focused on going into a pretty deep squat instead of just picking the weight up to our shoulders. Its much more efficient especially when you're attempting heavier weights as the squat allows you to get underneath the weight while its travelling upward. Anyway, another effect of the squat is to really burn your legs so I'm quite tired now.

On another note, I've decided that following the strict Zone diet is way too hard here. But that doesn't mean I cant attempt to eat healthy. I try to balance my meals out with decent carbs, protein, and good fats i.e. almonds, cashews, other nuts. We have also had a lot of fresh fruit recently so that has been a very nice change. Everything from apples, and pears, to cantelopes and honeydews. Definitely makes for an all around better meal.

A lot of people have found it very amusing that I talked about tuna having mercury in it. Well let me be more clear. Eating TOO MUCH of anything is probably a bad thing. A story on tuna and the amounts of mercury in it can be seen here: Bodybulding.com Tuna Article

Also I want to assure everyone that we will have more pictures up soon. I know its only really been myself and Josh so far and I'm goig to try to change that.

Until next time,

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment