Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Zone Diet

Well I tell you what...

Figuring out a way to be in compliance with the zone diet while deployed to a small base like ours is nearly impossible. With a very irregular supply of fresh fruit and vegetables, its tough to get the right type of carbs. I mean I could go and get my carbs from the countless sugar snacks available in our little DFAC. But c'mon! It amazes me how the Army wants all soldiers to comply with weight standards yet feeds them the worst food known to man. We do have quite a good supply of tuna. But I have been told that too much fish can be bad due to the mercury content in them.

This morning I am contemplating my breakfast.

So far I have

2 250ml cartons of milk

-3.5 g fat
-11g carb (11g of sugar(lactose))
-7 g of protein

so total that up to

-7g fat
-22g carb
-14g protein

plus a pear

-18g carb

I think I might be able to get some sausage patties or links at 7 am this morning

so thats 2 blocks with 4 links which takes me to the requisite number of protein blocks

Now this is not exacting.

-7g of fat (should be 6)
-40g carb (should be 36)
-28g protein (right where it should be)

I suppose I could try to add one half a block of protein... that would get me to equality between everything.

What does everyone think?

No comments:

Post a Comment